Cart - $0.00
No products in your shopping cart.
Ludlows Fine Menswear was founded in Brantford in 1904 by brothers Ott and Charlie Ludlow, and was originally known as Ludlow Brothers Clothiers. The brothers set up their first shop in a converted livery stable on Dalhousie Street at a time when the Downtown saw people come to the store in a horse and buggy and stroll along wooden slat sidewalks. They made a name for themselves selling quality Men’s, Boy’s, and Work Wear, and have been a trusted family owned and operated business in the city ever since.
George Ludlow took over the family business in 1949 after having been in the airforce, and in 1950 embarked on renovations to expand the shop that found old horseshoes under the floorboards, reminders of the store’s origins.
Don, Ott’s grandson, is the third generation of Ludlow to carry on the Brantford menswear store, moving from the landmark location Downtown to the North End ten years ago, and moving the merchandise and customer service in a more specialized direction.
And now Don’s son Greg is at the helm with hopes that a fifth generation will continue the Ludlows’ tradition in the years to come.
Ludlow’s has been a Brantford institution for one hundred and ten years. They’ve dressed men through nearly a dozen decades, and for every occasion, and their reputation for quality, style, and service, remains as strong as ever.